Proms and school dances are memorable events in a student’s life and these occasions don’t happen often. That’s why they must be prepared for so that you can enjoy them and have a fun evening with your best friends or with that special guy. Here are some helpful tips to help you prepare for proms and other school dances.
1) The Dress – For girls, proms and school dances are more about what they’re going to wear! You need to be able to dress up in something that you feel truly beautiful in, so plan ahead. Ideally, you want to pick a dress well in advance of your prom or school dance. This allows you to make any necessary alterations if it doesn’t quite fit perfectly. This also gives you enough time to pick the perfect accessories and shoes to match– and still be able to change your mind. At Lily Boutique, we have a great selection of affordable prom dresses. Choose from fabulous prom dress and school dance dress collections from Lily Boutique here.
2) Skin and Hair – Weeks before the prom or your school dance, prepare your skin and hair so that you’ll have a fantastic glow during the special day. Since caffeine can dehydrate the skin, try to avoid sodas and coffee. You may be tired of hearing this; but drinking 7-8 glasses of water daily will help you clear out your skin, giving it a natural glow from inside. You will be less prone to breakouts, blemishes and dull skin. Try this at-home face mask to make your skin glow. It is an inexpensive mask you can make with things you probably already have in your kitchen.
Condition your hair regularly– especially if you have dry hair. You can even try using a hair mask if you’re feeling especially prone to split ends. The day of the prom or school dance, don’t wash your hair because it will strip off your hair’s natural oil which hair stylists love when they do their clients’ hair.
3) Perfect Smile – Proms and school dances call for photographs and you’ll want to make the most of that picture-perfect moment. Have an appointment with your dentist to get your teeth cleaned or whitened. If that is out of your budget, try an at home whitening kit or whitening strips. Alternately, here’s a DIY teeth-brightening tip for you: Mash strawberry and mix it with baking soda until it turns into a thick paste. Rub this to your teeth for 1-2 minutes then rinse. Strawberry and baking soda act as teeth whiteners. Very natural and inexpensive! Also, most of you probably have a bottle of hydrogen peroxide somewhere in your medicine cabinet at home. Try this at-home whitening treatment!
4) Body – Workout! Exercise is a perfect way to tone your body and have a natural glow before your big event. You’ll also have more energy and feel better about yourself before the big day. Exercise has many benefits including a slimmer figure, better-looking skin, and great over-all health!
5) Other Essentials – When the day finally arrives, don’t forget to stash some essentials in your purse. This includes – a phone, camera, lip color, small perfume, a few safety pins (for accidental rips in your prom dress), face powder, an ID and extra money. This will save you from many different types of emergencies!
Most importantly– Have fun, stay fabulous, and don’t stress! After all, proms and school dances are supposed to be fun for lovely ladies like yourself!